Monday, February 2, 2009

The Super Bowl In France?!

Yup, right now I am watching the Super Bowl. Included: fatty appetizers and some pop. Crazy, huh? It's almost the same, minus the English commentary and the awesome commercials.

I had a pretty good weekend. I needed a good weekend (obviously from my last post) and it was good. I didn't have class on Thursday, because the teachers, along with the rest of France (literally all of France: trains, teachers, buses), were on strike. I knew of the reason at one time, but can't remember at the moment. Since I didn't have class on Thursday, I went to Niort on Wednesday evening. Melissa and I had a great time and I really needed just to be with someone from home. I wasn't in a good place at the time of the last post, but now, I'm much better. We cooked really good food: fish soup (which was amazing), our version of chocolate chip cookies (no oven, remind you), deep fried shrimp (with no deep fryer) and an amazing salad. It was great. We also went to the movie, "Yes Man." Yes, it was in French and yes I wasn't sure if I would be able to understand everything, but YES I did, well mostly!!! It was awesome just to know I can watch a movie and comprehend 95% of what is said. It's nice. And it was a really good movie. We also went to see the strike happening, "manifestation" in French. The French strike for everything and only do it for a day or maybe two. It was interesting to see. They marched, but also had music blasting from a car and balloons. It was very different.

On Saturday, Melissa and I came to La Rochelle and did a bit of shopping. After buying nothing, I dared Melissa to give the cute bus driver her number and, to make a long story short, she did and now she has a potential date this next weekend :) hahahaha. Long story and if you really want to know it, I'll tell you.

Today is the first Sunday of the month and since it's the first Sunday of the month, La Rochelle has free admission to all the museums. So, we went to the three museums: La Nouvelle Monde (the New World), Natural History Museum and one I forgot the name about, but had a bunch of plates, yes, plates AND we went to the three towers. It was awesome, because, well, it was free, and it was nice to see what La Rochelle had.

Tonight, there is people over at our place for a Super Bowl Party. It is 12:46 a.m. (7 hours ahead of home) and they just started. I have to be up at 8 a.m., so I'll probably be hitting the hay in just a bit.

OH! Yesturday, Melissa, Donald (another assistant from Louisiana) and I ordered our tickets for London for our Feb-March break! We will be leaving Feb 28th and staying until March 6th. It should be great, because, HELLO! it's London AND I get to see Amanda (my roomie from last year) because she is in living in London! I'm SOOOOOOO excited for the both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!

2 months and 2 weeks till my MAMA comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that means 3 months till I go HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I can't wait! OH! AND our trip that my Mama and I are going on will consist of: Paris, Rome, Venice, Milan, London and.............EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see pyramids. It's not definate yet, but we will know this week if we are going to be going to Egypt! I really, really, really, really hope we can!

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a Happy Super Bowl Sunday :D !!!

1 comment:

Kacie said...

That's so cool that you can pretty much understand anything in French! Go you! You must have learned it really fast! Also, cool that you got to watch the super bowl! It was a good game!

Check out my latest post - I mentioned your blog ... I passed on an award to you that I won from a friend. :)