Wednesday, February 4, 2009

YAY! I Rock Someone's Socks Off!!!

YAY! I WIN! :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the Award on to 5 most-deserving Blog Friends.
*
You must link to the author and name of the blog from where he/she has received the award.
*
You must display the Award on your blog and link to THIS POST which explains the Award.
*
Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add your name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, they will be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.You must post these rules on your blog.
*
Each recipient must post these rules on his/her blog.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now, since I don't have many friends on blogger.com, well, let's get serious, I only have one :) hahaha, so this award goes to her FIVE TIMES!!!!! WooooWhoooOO!

My friend Kacie ---Neo-plains Woman--- and I go way back, wow, it's really weird to say that. We were friends throughout high school, which, mind you, is now almost 6 years ago!!! And we roomed in college together and filled our walls with dirty words, which really upset our R.A., but we found it entertaining. I miss you, Kacie! And I'm going to come see your train when I come home ;) I love reading her blog, because it reminds me so much of home and it makes me happy :)

Before I forget, I have a couple of funny stories from my classroom experience. I don't think I've ever wrote them on here and I need to, because now I don't remember the funny things that HAVE happened, but I'll start now. Yesterday, my most dreaded school, though it's not THAT bad, but some of the classes are just really misbehaved and the director of the school is kind of really creepy, BUT anyways...it was my first class of the day, I was waiting for all the kids to sit down and arrange their stuff as the teacher, like usual, was yelling at them, something you would never see in the States, well at least not to the extent that the French teachers yell, and I look at this kid in the front row, which, mind you, is the cutest thing. He's has glasses and is a bit on the "bigger" side, but you can tell he has such a good heart, even though he's 7, you can still see he is/is going to be a really good person. Plus, he really likes learning and tries really hard in my class and I take a liking to those who like to learn and now I understand why all my teachers didn't like me, not that I don't like to learn, because I love to, but I had a hard time paying attention all the time, haha. ALRIGHT, anyways, I've made a really, really short story really, really too long, but to get to my point, this kid had a sweatshirt on and it had written on it, "South Dakota." I was like WHAT?! I wanted to ask where he got it from, but I'm sure he got it in France, like how you can get "Paris" shirts in the U.S., but I thought it was awesome, because it was South Dakota. You'd expect it to be "L.A." or "N.Y.C." but South Dakato?! I loved it and it made me smile. It was like a little sign from someone up above saying, "Eventhough this school isn't your favorite, you still got home." It was just cool.

In another class that day, the teacher wanted me to do an activity where the kids had to think of words that began with "p." Simple enough. So, the kids would come up with a word and I would ask them to spell it, so they could practice their English alphabet, and then I would write the words on the on the board. One girl, who is a smarty pants and is the cutest little thing ever, (haha, if you ask me to describe any of my students, they are all the "cutest little thing ever") raised her hand and I said "Yes" and she said her "p" word like this: piiiiss. I smiled and said "Ah, what?" And she said, again, "Piiiiss." I smiled more and giggled a bit and then asked her how to spell it. It turns out she was trying to say "peace," but with the differences with the vowels from French to English, she got confused. While she was spelling it and said "p...ahhh..." I was just thinking, "Oh my gosh, how am I going to explain that this is not an apporpriate word to use?!?!??!?!?" Hahahaha. Funny story and just thought I'd tell you.

Oh! I just thought of another cutest little kid ever. He is in my Monday school, which is my favorite school to go to. The VERY first day of classes way back in October, I was just observing and not teaching, so I sat in the back of the class. This little kid, which I must get a picture of him, because he just is so cute and his looks would make this story better, not that he's "funny" looking or anything, but you understand...I hope :)...but, anyways, this little kid came to me in the middle of class, while the teacher was teaching and came to ask me a question. This was in October, so my ability to understand wasn't where it is now and it's so much harder to understand younger kids, because of their "little kid talk." But he came up to me and asked me a question and I had NO clue what he said, so I'm just like, "Ahhhh, oui?" (Which is "yes" in French, if you didn't know). He looked at me, smiled and went back to his seat. I was thinking, "Alright, good answer...I think..." Then, at the end of that class, he came up to me in his cute little waddle, funny walk and stuck his hand up in the air and said "A lundi!" Which in French means, "See you Monday." And then he walked away. Now, every Monday at this school, this kid always talks to me. I ask him about the toys he's playing with, because he always seems to have a different toy like hacky sacks or marbles. So I ask him what they are called in French and then he goes off in French and tells me about them. Even though I don't understand much of what he's saying, I just love that he's talking to me and doesn't understand that I don't understand a lot.

I love little kids, they don't judge.

OH! ANOTHER ONE! Well, if you getting bored, it's okay. Even if you don't read all this, I will at least have these written down for the future.

I was at my Thursday school, which I really do like as well, but only have two classes at and in between classes, which the kids have a short recess, I sit in the teachers lounge. One day, there was this little kid there, not even my student, but I think he was in trouble, because he couldn't go out for recess. I was sitting there and he had a book. He asks me in French, "Do you know this book." And I said, "I'm not sure, let me see." So he gives me the book and I said, "No, I don't." And then he said, "What is (insert French word I can't remember here) in English?" And I said, "Mmmm I don't know. Is it an animal?" And he said, "Yes." The book had a whole bunch of white chickens (I think it was chickens) on the front with one black one, I think it was the equivilent of our "Ugly Duckling." So I said, "Is it a little chicken, like a baby chicken?" And he said, "Yes!" And then I told him the word in English and he just kept talking to me and asking me, "What is _____ in English?" At one point he asked me in French, "What is soccer in English?" It was so cute. Throughout all of this, there was a teaching in the room who was smiling and everytime I couldn't understand one of the little kids words, he'd describe it to me in French, because I don't think he knew very much English, and then I'd usually get it. It was just really cool.

I love little kids. They don't care that you can't speak complete phrases or don't fully understand, but will still talk to you anyways and won't judge you or give you weird looks. I will remember all these little kids and all these little "happenings." They're the best part of my job.

I'll try to think of my other cute stories I have, because they are the best part of my day :).

Tomorrow's another day...classes, then Melissa comes, hopefully with a date planned with her bus driver man ;) So, hopefully I'll have an interesting story for you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, cute!!!!!

I agree, little kids are the best, They are so pure (most of the time).

What adorable kids!!

Kacie said...

South Dakota in France? hahaha ironic... :P