Friday, October 17, 2008

France made me discover that I like brussel sprouts!

YAY! I bought a sweet bike!!!!!!!!!!


It's red and awesome! I feel like Mary Poppins on it. I really like it, though the seat must be raised, but no on has pliers or a wrench!!!!! AH! I don't want to spend the money on one, but it's looking like I will have to! Ah, well!

Tomorrow we are riding bikes out to the Ile de Re and then riding around the Island. Even though I have a sweet bike, I am going to rent one, because of the seat. It's possible to ride, but I get tired so quickly and my thighs get a huge workout, which is never a bad thing, but we plan on riding 20-25 miles tomorrow!!!!! :D I'm excited!

This week was great. I had class on Monday, which I told you about, class on Tuesday and on Thursday's. Tuesday's class went alright. I had to wake up at 6:30 to catch the bus and I didn't like the school as much. The kids were SOOOOOOO misbehaved. In my last class of the day, it was the worst. I was ready to walkout. Honestly, if it keeps up like this, I am NOT going to that class. Granted it was the first day, but I am not going to teach someone who doesn't want to learn. That's just a waste of my time and theirs. On Wednesday, I had my first private tutoring session. It went well. The girl is 15 and basically wants to work on her speaking. It's really easy and it gives me a chance to learn new words in French. She's actually pretty good as speaking, but it's understanding people when they talk is when she runs in to difficulty. I had a good time with her. She is very nice. My Thursday school I like the best. It was my first time going there and the director and the teachers were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice. They accepted me more than any of the other schools. I didn't do much that day because they were having a student-student counseling day. Not sure what that means, but I got to leave early.

Last night (which was Thrusday night), Lee and I rode our bikes into town and met up with Elisa, Jaime, Emily and a couple of Elisa's French friends and played trivia at the Irish pub. We played it last week too and loved it so much, we had to go back for more! We didn't win, unfortunally, but Elisa won the bonus question and won 83 euros! Which is like 110 American dollars!!! It was so awesome. I was so happy for her! We then rode our bikes back home. I gave Emily a ride on the back of mine where there is a rack thing. The pictures aren't too good, because they were taken "en route." AND we didn't even stop to take out the camera or to pass the camera to Lee. We did it as we were riding. If that isn't talent, I don't know what is! Haha.





OH! Also on Thrusday, I had my medical visit. The doc just asked me if I ever had different illness' and things of such. Then he did my vitals and then an xray. I actually got to keep my xray, which is awesome! Look!

Pretty cool, huh?

Tonight, I tried to figure out where we (Melissa, Kelley and I) are going to stay during our trip over the break. I think I have it figured that we will spend less than 300 euros per person for the whole trip. It does seem like a lot, but it includes 9 nights of accomodation in some of the bigger cities in France, which is never cheap. I'm getting really excited, because we will be leaving in ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Well, the morning brings lots of bike riding, so I must get my rest! I will DEFINITELY have some pictures to show you from my adventure to the Ile de Re!!!

G'NIGHT!

P.S. Happy 6 months, Nicholas!!!!
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I've ever had brussel sprouts