Thursday, October 23, 2008

Riding bike for 30 miles makes your butt hurt...!

WHAT A DAY SUNDAY WAS!!!!! We went biking on L’île de Ré (Island of Ré). We ended up biking about 30 miles! It was along ways, but it was amazing and so beautiful! Instead of me trying to explain it, just look at the pictures...


The massive bridge we rode over (and back)


The ocean at low tide.


The harvesting salt at low tide. Really awesome, huh?!


The Port at St. Martin (the capital of L’île de Ré)


The streets of St. Martin.


The Port of St. Martin at low tide.


I know this is really gross, but I had to go pee REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY bad and had to use this, well not this specific toilet, but one just like it. It was probably the nastiest thing I've ever done.


Haha...shadow pictures. I love 'em.


A REALLY old abbey. It was built in the twelfth century! How cool! It was actually useable until WWII, then it was destroyed :( But it was SOOOOO amazing!


In a hole in the abbey.


The view of the abbey from the inside.


Another view from the inside.


Elisa and I on the big bridge

So, as you can see, it was an amazing day! I had such a great time. When we got to St. Martin, we stoped and ate beside the port. Then, we started the trek back. The views were amazing and time weather was great. I know I'll be doing it again!!! (My butt just has to recover!!! Haha!)

Here is another great picture. It was on the same day that we went bike riding (Sunday). It was in La Rochelle. I'm pretty sure there was a rescue of some sort from the top of the Tower of St. Nicholas. In the picture, if you look closely, you can see a person propelling down from the helicopter. His feet are just poking from under the flag.


Today, Kelley (the assisant from Ohio who lives in a near by town) came to La Rochelle and we set the almost-final plans for our trip!!! I'm getting so excited. Toulouse for three days, Marseille for three days and Corsica for four days! YAY! Getting hotels book and leaving on Saturday! So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, you know why ;) But when I get back, I'm sure I will have many, many, many photos for you to see :D

It's now 1:30 a.m....I'm tired.

G'Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooh la la! so many pics!!!

Make sure you put up lots of pics from your adventure this week!

The Zeldenrust Family said...

you look like you are having so much fun! happy halloween amanda!