Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm going to be expert at "Guitar Hero" when I get back from France

It's been a lot of fun so far in La Rochelle, obviously, but I was glad that today was my first day of work. It's nice to not have a care in the world, but to have no cares for almost a month is mind numbing. One can only have so much free time. I was nervous going in to today, but not as much as I thought I would be. Turns out, it was good I wasn't, because it was a breeze and I LOVED IT! Teaching these little buggers is awesome. Even when they don't know what you're saying, you know that they are really, really trying. I am really glad I didn't get put in to a high school, I don't think I could have handled older kids. Plus, little kids don't mock just because I don't know the language. I like it.

Tomorrow, I will be going to another school for about four hours, plus lunch time. It should be too bad, because, for two hours of it, I will be teaching with Elisa, an American assistant from N.Y.C.

A teacher today asked me if I wanted to tutor a girl in English. I said, "Yeah!" The girls mom called me today and I will be tutoring her once a week for an hour. It's not long, but it's extra money! It'll be fun. I think it's cool that I'm getting paid to do something that is natural to me. I mean, really?! It's so easy, too! Just a lot of repeating and such, but I really like it. Plus, the kids are so cute and eager to learn, it makes it all the worth while.

This weekend, Melissa (Siltman), my good friend from Mankato, came to visit. She is an assistant in the near by town of Niort. It is about 30 minutes-ish by train. It was nice to see her again :D Really nice. It's like a little taste of home. Something familiar. She was only here for Saturday night, Sunday night and left today. I had to leave her early, because I had to be at class at 8:45. We had a good time and she got to meet a lot of assistants from La Rochelle. I'm pretty sure she'll be coming here quite often, which is fine by me, because I love the company!!!

Yesturday, when Melissa was here, we walked around La Rochelle and had a good time. We found this really cool area that had amazing grafitti. I think that it is set aside for people to do grafitti there, because there were some guys doing some when we were there. Here are some pictures from our day!


Me and THE HULK!


Melissa and the awesome graffiti wall.


Me being awesome.


Melissa and I waiting for the bus back to my house.



A really cool lift bridge in La Rochelle. See the boats going through???

This weekend we are planning on going to the Ile de Re (Re Island). It's an Island just off the coast of La Rochelle. You can get a bus there, but we are planning on biking out. I am hoping to have a bike by then, but if I don't, I will rent one. It'll be an awesome day of biking and seeing the island. There will definitely be some pictures :D

Well, tomorrow holds adventures at a school I've never been to! Should be exciting :) ! I'll let you know how that goes...

Until next time...!

BISOUS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aweeee the young kids sound so amazing!! :D i'm glad it went so great!! hehe they sound so CUTE! and tutoring, that's AWESOME! :D hope your next school goes just as great!

Anonymous said...

PS. WE ARE ARE GOING TO BATTLE ON GUITAR HERO WHEN YOU GET BACK ;) hehehehehe

Anonymous said...

awww that sounds awesome!! I'm so happy for you!! And tutoring?? sweet! yay to be an english rock star!!!

We will battle when you get back with Mandy on the guitar hero. It'll be SWEET!

and I'm glad you got a sweet bike. :)