Monday, September 29, 2008

Pepsi light does not equal the amazing taste of Diet Pepsi and that makes me sad.

Wow, what a beautiful day! I mean, really! It was SOOOO warm. I ate lunch outside and soaked in the sun. It was so nice! Probably around 80-85ish would be my guess. Reguardless, it was nice. I should have gone to the beach, but didnt.

I got my phone today! Yay for Frenchie phones! Lee and I walked down to the post to get them and basically ran home to check them out and play with them. I like mine a lot. Nicer than Ive ever had before! Plays music, has the radio, and has unlimited text! So, I cant complain! It's nice to have a phone just to get in contact with the other assistants. I feel fully connected to the world now: internet, landline and cell phone. At any point in time, someone can contact me :).

Yesturday, we went to the house of one of our directors, Anne. She has a beautiful house and lives right by the beach. She lives about 15 minutes from La Rochelle in the town of, Fouras. Less tourist-y than La Rochelle, but just as beautiful. We had some cake and drinks, then went to the beach. We first walked to the small one, which looked big, until we got to the "big beach," which was huge! Look for yourself:

Yeah, big. We sat in the sun for a bit and soaked it all in. The water was FREEZING, seriously! Anne and Laura (another American Assistant) actually went swimming. They were crazy! Never. I got my feet wet and left it at that. I think I got a bit of sun too, not burnt, but a nice tan-ish color :). Yay for sun.

All around La Rochelle there are forts. The pictures up there ^ are taken off of one. This is what it looks like:

I forgot the name of it, but it was cool. Just off of this area, you could see a few other forts, three I think, but I could be wrong. The history that France holds, is so greatly awesome.

After we left the beach, we went back to Anne's, chatted a bit, then made our way back to La Rochelle. When we got back, I was shot! So, so, so tired. I took a shower and hit the hay. I slept hard, but, then again, it isnt hard to sleep when you have shutters that cut out 99.9999% of the suns' rays. When you wake up, you cannot honestly tell what time it is. It stays so dark in my room, if I have the shutters closed. This isnt a problem now, because I dont have to wake up for anything in particular, but once I have to be up for school, ei ei ei! I may have to leave those things open, so I can wake up!

Tomorrow, an American assistant, Kelley, who is in Rochefort (just 10-15 minutes away), may come to visit! Im really excited, because Ive been talking to her, but havent met her, yet, and she seems like a really great person. Other than that, Im not sure what I will do, but I will let you know!

Oh! Totally random, but Im pretty sure my blister count is up to about ten or twelve. No lie. I know it's gross, but sometimes the truth is gross. I walk basically walk every where! Not that I dont love it (cause I am really getting in shape), but my feet hate me. I try to keep rotating my shoes, so when I get back to the same pair, the blisters that it gave me are gone! Haha! True story. Mais, c'est la vie! And soon it will be raining, so I will walk anywhere I can for right now.

Ive finished my book, "Twilight," by Stephanie Meyer. It was okay, but I would like to get the second one, "New Moon," to see what happens. But since I cant go to Barnes and Nobles to get it, Ive been reading, "1984," by George Orwell off the internet. Haha, sounds cheap, but I have no other choice. When your mind is concentrating so hard on French all day, at the end of the day, it's nice to read something in English. So far, I like it! Though, I am only to chapter one :).

I hope everyone is doing great! The more and more time passes, the better I am feeling about everything, which is always good. And Im so much more driven to learn French. I love it.

Bonne nuit!!!

(Me, on the fort and the the BEAUTIFUL ocean)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! You are reading Twilight??? Why would you not tell me this immediately??? I am on the fourth book right now! I used to love this series...but I don't want to ruin it for you by telling you the rest. But be prepared, I hate the series more with every book. Twilight definitely rocks though! We should chat about it sometime. I can send you the second book if you want!

I am so jealous of you and your french adventures! It looks amazing there! Just think of all of your blisters as me going "haha! serves you right for being in FRANCE, while I am taking french with Bibbee! poke-poke!" Now every time you get a blister, il est moi.