Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I hate military time.

EI EI EI! Im so sorry for all my shinannigans. I FINALLY found a place to live. Which is soooooo nice because I actually DONT have to live out of a suitcase, which I HATE! I am living with four other people. One is another American assistant, Lee, one is a Polish girl, her name starts with a D, and the last is a Frenchie guy, Michel. Only Lee and I are moved in so far. I guess the Polish gal is suppose to be here tomorrow. I just got everything unpacked. Now, just getting everything organized, which will probably take a couple days because I will switch things around a million times.

My living situation is really awesome. I live in a house with a HUGE yard (huge meaning huge for France AND for the U.S. There is also a pool! It has a cover on it now, but hopefully when it starts getting warm, we can uncover it :). I also have a washer, which saves a bunch, and a full kitchen! Not just a small fridge and a hotplate! Hello Thanksgiving turkey!!! My room is nice. A big bed, a desk, a HUGE closet (well huge cause I only have 1/16th of my clothes) and a side table with a lamp. I live on the same bus route that Francine (my "host-mom" from last summer) lives on, just a bit farther down.

If anyone wants my address, here it is:

Amanda KACK
19 Rue du Muguet
17180 PĂ©rigny
France

Tomorrow it's opening a bank account and getting a cell phone. Looking forward to it...not. Well, the cell phone part, yeah, but banks are borning, except the money part :D.

It's weird being in La Rochelle. I mean Im enjoying myself A LOT, but it's just not the same without people I know here. I didnt expect it to be the same by anymeans, because that summer was one of the best times ever. I just think it's a lot of stress/sadness/thinking. I really miss everyone so much. So much. And with all the paper work going on and all the French talk and concentrating so much, it's just taking a lot out of me I guess. Mais, c'est la vie for the next nine months!

Dont get the wrong idea, I LOVE being here, so much. Surrrounded by everything French. And once I get working, everything will go by so quickly, TOO quickly! It's so beautiful. The sounds of the port, the towers, the people, the language. I find myself many times during the day smiling like a fool. Im sure people can tell Im American :)

The language is blowing me away, well, let me rephrase that, the SPEED of speech is blowing me away. I can understand (most), but wowowowowowow! slow down s'il vous plait! But, I can feel myself getting better even from the time I arrived here, which was Thrusday the 19th, so four days compared to nine months! Wow, watch out world! Amanda the Frenchie is coming for you!

Time for bed!

Bonne nuit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, I am jealous of your wonderful fun adventures in France, it sounds like a blast.

Even just talking to you I miss you again. I hope you have a blast. The first few weeks will be rough, but I know you and that obnoxious ability to meet a million + amazing people where ever you go.

Have fun!! Talk to you soon!!!!!! <3

Bonjour Amanda! said...

Hahahahahahahahaha "that obnoxious ability!" I LOVE IT! You rock my socks off! THANK GOD for skype! I miss you too :( !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got caught up on your crazy adventures so far! Sounds AMAZING! I'm so happy you found such a great place! I've been thinkin aboutcha and wondering how you've been! so i'm glad this blog is here!! Can't wait to hear more of your crazy Frenchie adventures! Take Care!
oh and Jordan says "whatup" :)